Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big Boy!

As most you of you know Colby has been sleeping with Jereomy and I for the last 4 1/2 years. Not only has this been comfort for him but for us too. We said when we moved into our new house (2 yrs ago), that he was going to start sleeping in his own bed. Then we realized we had a split floor plan and didn't feel comfortable being that far away from him. Then when Chanley was born we thought that would be a good time. We quickly changed our minds and decided that he would wonder why he had to sleep in his room but she got to stay with us. (excuses, excuses.....on our part!) So then we said, okay, we will move them both together.

Colby and I went to Target on Sunday to get Carsen a birthday gift. We were looking for a stuffed animal net for Carsen's room when Colby spotted some Incredible Hulk sheets. Of course the first thing he said was "Mama can I PWEASE have those sheets". (Big blue eyes batting, and lip poked out). I told him that if he got new sheets he would have to sleep in his bed all night long like a big boy. He quickly agreed and even through in a "I pwomise"! So that afternoon after we got home from Carsen's party I washed his sheets and put them on his bed. That night both of our kids slept all night long in their beds for the very first time. As for me.....I was up at least four times checking on them and felt so empty. Like Chanley has her taggie and Colby has Barry.....they are my security. I know this is best for them both but, man, I sure do miss them. Here are some pictures of Colby's new sheet set!

0 comments: