Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stuck!




The kids and I had a very interesting morning last friday. We got up a little early because I had promised Colby we would go and get donuts. We left the house somewhere around 5:30. We got onto I-30 as usual only to shortly find a sea of red tail lights. I thought for sure there must have been a wreck since it was raining and we had just had all of the bad weather the night before. Wrong......the interstate was flooded and had been shut down and declared impassible! We were stuck in the far right hand lane with an 18 wheeler in front, back, and to the left, and a guard rail to our right. We sat there for almost 3 hours before finally being able to maunever between the 18wheeler and the guard rail and went the opposite way down the access road until we were able to finally turn around. It was quite an experience to say the least! I finally dropped the kids off and got to work around 11:00, after going back home so we all could recover from our meltdowns. Never a dull moment with our family! I had my camera with me and took some pictures to pass the time. Enjoy!

0 comments: