Tuesday, April 15, 2008

7 months old!

I am a little late making this post but better late than never, right? I cannot believe our baby girl is growing up so fast. I am trying to savor every minute of every day because I know that I can never get that minute back. Chanley turned 7 months old on April 5th. She has started sitting up all by herself and drinking from a sippy cup. She is doing much better when she eats baby food. We still give her small amounts at a time just to be sure but she is not gagging near as much as she used to. Her favs so far are Chicken with Apples, Tutti Fruity, Hawaiian Delight, Banana Pudding, and Turkey with Sweet Potatoes. She also likes the fruits mixed with rice cereal or oatmeal. We haven't gotten any first words out of her yet but we're working on it. She hasn't mastered crawling yet but she definitely gets where she needs to go. I'm not sure how much she weighs right now but at our six month check up she was 16lbs 10oz and I am quite sure she is heavier than that now. She continues to grow out of her clothes quickly especially in the length. Hopefully she will be tall! She wears 6-9 months, is in a size 3 diaper, and wears size 1 or 2 in shoes. She loves to play in the bath tub and cries when she has to get out.

She admires her brother and watches him all day with amazement. He, for the most part, plays very well with her. However he has a tendency to be a little rough and thinks he can carry her around like we do. It is scary how much she looks like him, or how much they both look like their daddy! I joke all the time that I really did deliver them!

Her naps are getting a little shorter but she still sleeps through the night like an angel as long as she is swaddled. Jereomy calls this her straight jacket! I know that we will have to start breaking that habbit soon but for now it works so I'm not changing it!



0 comments: