Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DAISY Award

Last Wednesday I went to work as usual thinkng it was going to be just another day in L&D. Little did I know it would be one of the most exciting days of my life. I was awarded the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses! A former patient that I had taken care of wrote a letter and nominated me for the award. My nomination was choosen from several that were sent in for the month. Tears of joy fell down my face as they read the letter from the T family. I could remember them as if I had taken care of them only yesterday. My patient wrote the sweetest things about my care for her and stated that I had saved her baby's life. This hit me so hard knowing that I have such a huge impact on the patients that I care for everyday. That night I did nothing special other than just doing my job and what I feel I was called to do. I am so deeply appreciative of having the opportunity to do what I love and to get this type of feedback melts my heart. Thank you again T family for nominating me for this award. It means more to me than you will ever know! Here is a slideshow of the presentation.

3 comments:

Clay and Natalie Freeman said...

I'm so happy for you. You are a fabulous RN! You took great care of me too. Even though my daughter took her sweet time coming into this world...don't ever doubt that what you do isn't appreciated. You are there for the most exciting moment in most people's lives and everyone is thankful for that!

Daniel Family said...

I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than YOU! I am so excited for you and very proud! Congratulations!!! Love you,
Lindsay

The Purnell Family said...

You are an amazing nurse! I love you for all that you do and have done for me! Congratulations!